The contract for The Port of Tyne was won competing against major national contractors. It involved the construction of an industrial heavy duty suspended quay of reinforced concrete over precast beams supported by steel piles over water. The site was in a restricted area within the Port and involved careful and detailed planning with the client to ensure that port operations were not affected by the works.
- 104 Piles: 1220mm dia and 830mm dia by 32.5m long
- 186no Precast beams – lifting and installation – weighing 7t to 10t.
- 300ln.m. Crane rails
- 200t Insitu reinforcement
- 1,200m3 Insitu concrete
- 620m3 Micro silica concrete
- 1,700m3 Deck slab concrete